Germicidal UV light has been in the news headlines a lot recently. A Denver Hospital reported the use of Xenex, a germicidal UV lamp robot that can kill a room full of harmful organisms in five to 10 minutes. Heating, ventilation and cooling contractors report that UV-C lights can provide more than 25% energy savings, boost airflow and extend the life of HVAC equipment. Researchers are using UV-C light to change lard, tallow, olive oil and waste canola oil into olefins used to make plastic. It’s amazing what this type of natural light can do! Find out how we’re using it to eliminate nail fungus…
What Is Ultraviolet Light?
Ultraviolet light is part of the light spectrum. There are three classifications of wavelengths:
– UV-C from 100 to 280 nanometers,
– UV-B from 280 to 315 nanometers, and
– UV-A from 315 to 400 nanometers.
UV-C light is considered “germicidal” in that it damages the nucleic acid of bacteria, fungus, viruses and other pathogens. By doing so, it makes the microbes unable to reproduce and cause disease. When the microbe tries to replicate, it dies.
What Are The Benefits of Germicidal UV?
Many people prefer ultraviolet technology because it’s a non-chemical way to disinfect and sanitize surfaces. It’s a simple process that is inexpensive and low-maintenance to use. Products are designed for time and efficiency, which appeals to consumers as well.
Uses For Germicidal UV Lamps Include:
– Purify air and drinking water
– Sanitize brewery and winery equipment
– Produce cosmetics and electronics
– Reclaim pond water
– Clean aquariums, hatcheries and nurseries
– Disinfect hospitals, laboratories, schools and hotels
– Sanitize footwear
How Can Germicidal UV-C Light Sanitize Shoes & Kill Nail Fungus?
The SteriShoe sanitizer is the only clinically-proven product that kills up to 99.9% of problematic microorganisms. Using germicidal ultraviolet light, the SteriShoe UV shoe sanitizer kills organisms that cause toenail fungus, athlete’s foot, diabetic ulcer infection and offensive shoe odor. To use, you simply place one shoe in each shoe bag, pull the drawstring to seal off the UVC light, and press a button on the handle to start the 45-minute cycle. When the cycle finishes, the device automatically shuts off and leaves you with fully sanitized shoes!
Who Needs A SteriShoe UV Shoe Sanitizer?
We feel every consumer who cares about foot health and hygiene can benefit from owning a UV shoe sanitizer. However, there are certain populations that receive podiatrist recommendations to buy a SteriShoe UVC light device…
– People who spend the money on laser nail treatment for fungal nails are encouraged to maximize their investment by using our shoe sanitizer to prevent a toenail fungus recurrence (which is all too common when you stick your feet into unsanitary footwear!)
– Diabetics often receive this product recommendation, since any type of fungus or bacteria on the feet can spell disaster.
– Anyone who has had athlete’s foot, toenail fungus or shoe odor should definitely consider using the latest technology to protect their feet from harmful microbes.